Thursday, April 30, 2009

My responses to a yummy mummy interview sent by a friend

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
My first pregnancy was lost. Izabelle is my second pregnancy and it was planned when it happened (if you know what I mean)

2. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I was worried about loosing it and then when I was assured by God that all was well, I was amazed that a 'human being' was growing inside me.

3. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
27

4. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I knew that there was a high possibility that I would be pregnant, and when the time came to confirm, I really was.

5. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband, then my parents.

6. DID YOU FIND OUT THE SEX?
I tried to, but failed.

7. DUE DATE?
4 dates between 7th Nov and 12th Nov, 2008.

8. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Funnily, I threw up after I ate my favorite oats cereal. :(

9. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Native chicken pepper soup, boiled groundnut, nzu, ukwa, and then other times, it depended on the day

10. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Hubby's perfume! I had to hide it after a while. Every other person's perfume, especially an IT guy in my office (phew) who used to be drenched with a horrible perfume. Smokers were high on my list and people who didnt give me their seat when the bus was full!

11. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Pink

12. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, but i thought I was having a boy because hubby thought it was a girl. I like to differ.

13. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
hehe. I dont do pounds, but in Kilos, i gained around 15kg

14. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes, and i loved it

15. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew

16. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I had gestational diabetes and had to check my blood sugar 4 times a day, and give myself shots of insulin 4 times a day. YUCK

17. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Mater Mother's Hospital, Brisbane

18. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOUR?
over 26 hours

19. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Husband

20. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Husband, midwives and one student.

21. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural

22. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes I did

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
3.36kg

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
8.22am on the 24th of October 2008

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Izabelle Chikwere

27. HOW DID YOU CHOOSE HIS/HER NAME? WHAT INSPIRED YOU?
After I had miscarried the first pregnancy, I did not get pregnant for 6 months because i was scared. After hubby started persuading me, I turned to God and started questioning him on why it happened and how to assure me that it wont' happen again. at the time, i didnt even know i was pregnant again.
one day while i was in this mood, a scripture floated into my heart and it said, "forget the things that happened in the past, and do not continue to consider them. Look I have started a new thing. do you not perceive it?". that was when I suspected that I was already pregnant without even knowing it.
Sure enough, I was and since I felt God had said to forget the tragedies of the past and trust that He's in charge of the new thing that has started happening, I decided to call my baby
Izabelle (God's promise) /Chikwere (God promised) if she was a girl or
Jaydon/Chianugo (God has heard).

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
6 months +

29. HOW HAS YOUR LIFE CHANGED (WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR BABY?)
I have learnt that Children ARE a blessing from God.
My life has been enriched by Izabelle. Her smiles warm my heart and bring me soooooooo much indescribable joy. I loose sleep a lot now. I have to take her into consideration when thinking of going out to somewhere. sometimes, i cant go to places i used to because of the logistics of taking her.
I have someone who came from My husband and lover, and myself and I feel priviledged to be the mother of the child of the man I love so much.
i have learnt that dreams do come true and that God is always there for us every step of the way.
I have learnt how to overcome fear and trust God (fear of labour was a big one)
I have learnt to trust God. I have learnt to put my family first.

30. IN A SENTENCE, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MOTHERHOOD?
Motherhood is a blessed priviledge from God to care for an amazing creation who is close to his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment